Riverbed Virtual SteelHead 5055 Series
Improve application performance across your virtual data center
Sorry, this product is no longer available, please contact us for a replacement.
Are you looking for ways to optimize WAN performance without supporting physical hardware in your remote locations?
Virtual SteelHead appliance brings the same optimization as physical SteelHead appliances, but without the physical requirements. That makes it ideal for tight spaces and ruggedized environments, such as mobile news vans, construction trailers, and military deployments, to name a few. What’s more, you can manage it with industry-standard virtualization tools, such as VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V, for a seamless fit into your fully virtualized data center environments and existing management tools.
Easily upgrade WAN optimization capacity
- Stop adding or upgrading servers to accommodate future growth
- Ensure that applications in remote offices are always available — even as you consolidate servers in a virtual environment
- Scale WAN optimization connections and bandwidth with a simple license key upgrade
Use both technology and personnel resources more efficiently
- Save money by deploying less hardware
- Increase utilization with pooled resources
- Flex data throughput as needed — for example, seasonally or with the launch of new products — to maximize application performance and better manage bandwidth consumption
Maintain business continuity during IT consolidation
- Benefit from easy, no-downtime solutions for moving applications and data centers
- Use standard virtualization management tools, such as VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V, to manage your deployment
Support ruggedized environments, such as military deployments
- Host Virtual SteelHead on your existing custom and highly durable equipment
- Deploy WAN optimization even in scenarios where physical space is limited
|Virtual SteelHead: Model Specifications|
|Optimized WAN Capacity||200 Mbps (c)||400 Mbps (c)||622 Mbps (c)||1 Gbps (c)|
|Optimized TCP and UDP flows||14,000||25,000||75,000||100,000|
|QoS Rules/Classes(b)||No Published Limit (global QOS limit of 2000 rules and 2000 classes)|
|Disk Capacity Required||722 GB||1778 GB||2418 GB|
|Max Data Store Capacity||10 x 80GB||10 x 160GB||14 x 160GB|
|Virtual CPUs Required (min)||12 x 1.2Ghz||16 x1.2 Ghz||24 x 1.2 Ghz|
|Reserved Memory Required||16 GB||32 GB||48 GB|
NOTE: All WAN Capacity / Bandwidth, TCP Connections and UDP flows, and QoS specifications listed are maximums and may not be achieved in all environments. The WAN capacity limit is enforced on outbound optimized traffic. Inbound optimized WAN traffic is not capped (a)Recommended maximum outbound QoS shaping capacity (b)Total of classes plus rules Available H/W NIC options are NIC-001-2TX (2 port copper), NIC-002-4TX (4 port copper) Note: Virtual SteelHead guests must run at least RiOS 6.1 or later, and support vSphere 4.0 or later release, using ESX/ESXi 4.0 or later. RiOS 6.5.x and later support ESXi 4.1. RiOS 6.5.2 and later support ESXi 5.0. Please refer to the VMware system compatibility guide for servers supported with these VSphere/ESX/ESXi releases. Riverbed network bypass cards NIC-001-2TX , NIC-002-4TX , and NIC-003-4TX are supported by Virtual SteelHead guests running RiOS 7.0.1 or later. Riverbed network bypass cards are supported only on ESXi 4.1 for all current RiOS releases.
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.