Riverbed SteelHead Interceptor
WAN load balancing to integrate clusters of SteelHead appliances to manage up to one million concurrent connections
Formerly Known As: Interceptor appliance(s)
Our Price: $34,995.00
Amplify the power of your Riverbed SteelHead investment by clustering multiple appliances together. When you want more throughput or connections than just one appliance can provide — or if you desire an additional high-availability deployment option — you’ll want the SteelHead Interceptor to manage and scale your network-wide throughput.
What is a WAN load balancer?
A WAN load balancer enables customers to scale their WAN optimization solutions to support hundreds of thousands of end users across an enterprise as well as very high bandwidth connections into the data center by clustering groups of SteelHead appliances to work together seamlessly.
SteelHead Interceptor provides real-time load balancing of your SteelHead appliances. You can add, modify, or remove appliances in real time, with no disruption to operations. Cluster up to 25 SteelHead appliances to manage up to one million concurrent connections with 40 GBps of throughput.
Scale your WAN optimization and ensure high-availability
With SteelHead Interceptor you make the most of your SteelHead investment. With them you can intelligently integrate all SteelHead appliances while directing activity and network load using the best management and administration capabilities. They also enable the scaling of network capabilities and ensure high availability operations
- Increase the activity of more users and applications to meet demand
- Maximize the speed and efficiency of deploying SteelHead appliances in large datacenters
- Ensure connection continuity with TCP connection forwarding
- Continue high availability operations in the event of hardware failure
- Choose from multiple configuration options, including in-series, in-parallel, or in-quad with multi-in path clustering
- Divert to fully functional appliances if you have a non-optimizing traffic route
Features and benefits of SteelHead Interceptor
SteelHead Interceptor gives you real-time load balancing of your SteelHead appliances. You can add, modify, or remove appliances in real time, with no disruption to operations. Cluster up to 25 SteelHead appliances to manage up to one million concurrent connections with 40 GBps of throughput.
With SteelHead Interceptor you can:
- Manage connections based on source IP address, destination IP address, destination port, or the Virtual LAN (VLAN) routing the connection
- Automatically and dynamically direct traffic to SteelHead appliances with the least load (when no rules are in place)
- Trace activity so you can see the effectiveness of load balancing and optimization activities
- Work with the full IP address and port transparency feature in SteelHead appliances for more visibility into network traffic
- Honor all Quality of Service (QoS) markings, such as DSCP and IP Precedence, on all optimized traffic
|Optimized WAN Capacity(a)||40 Gbps(b)||-||-|
|Optimized TCP and UDP flows©||1,000,000||-||-|
|Storage Fault Tolerance||RAID||RAID||-|
|Front Swappable Drives||3(d)||2(d)||2(f)|
|Expansion Slots (PCI-e)€||4||-||-|
|Onboard Bypass Ports (Copper)||4||-||-|
|Max. # of Bypass Ports||20||-||-|
(a)NOTE: All WAN Capacity / Bandwidth, TCP Connections and UDP flows listed are maximums and may not be achieved in all environments. The WAN capacity limit is enforced on outbound optimized traffic. Inbound optimized WAN traffic is not capped (b)Multiple inpath interfaces were used to achieve this throughput. Up to 40Gbps throughput (rx+tx traffic). Requires version INT 3.0 with XBridge enabled. WCCP and PBR configurations are not supported when XBridge is enabled. (c)TCP and UDP flows can be expected up to the amount listed (d)Hot swappable disks (e)Optional Network Bypass cards: Dual and Quad LX and SX GigE Fiber GigE, Quad Copper GigE, Dual 10GbE SR/LR (f)Internal hard disks
|Dual Power Supplies||(Optional)||-|
|Power [Watts] (Typical)||320||153||50|
|Temperature(ii)||10 - 40 deg C / 50 - 95 deg F (Operating)|
|-40 - 65 deg C / -40 - 149 deg F (Storage)|
|Relative Humidity(i)||20% - 80% non-condensing (Operating)|
|5% - 95% non-condensing (Storage)|
|Operating Acoustic noise||61 dBA Sound Pressure (Typical)|
|System Dimensions (LxWxH)(iii)||25.72x17.0x5.2 in||25.4x17.2x1.71 in||13.0"x8.0"x1.73"|
|653.4x431.6x131.9 mm||645.4x436x43.5 mm||330x204x44mm|
|Packaging Dimensions||34.1x23.7x15.9 in||33.6x22.9x8.6 in||17.7 x 12.2 x 7 in|
|866x602x403 mm||854x582x219 mm||450x310x180 mm|
|Max Weight (without packaging)||51Lbs/||29 lbs/ 13.1 Kg||6lbs|
|Rail Information||Mounting rail kit inlcuded.||Mounting rail kit inlcuded.||Included spare part RMK - 010|
|Orderable spare part RMK-003||Orderable spare part RMK-002||Orderable RMK - 016|
(i)Operating altitude up to 10,000 feet except in China 6,562 feet (2,000m) (ii)In China- for use in non-tropical locations (iii)Length is without bezel The availability, export or re-export of these products or specific features are subject to the export laws and regulations of the U.S. and the laws and regulations of any applicable foreign agency or authority.
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Our Price: $34,995.00