Riverbed SteelFusion Core 3000
The first converged infrastructure solution purpose-built for the branch
Formerly Known As: Granite appliance(s)
Our Price: $27,500.00
Enterprises pull from a global talent pool and establish branch offices to remain close to customers, partners, and key components of their supply chain. As the number of branches grows, organizations deploy more and more infrastructure to deliver applications and data efficiently and reliably and maintain an acceptable level of productivity.
This proliferation results in islands of distributed branch infrastructure that are necessary to meet local performance and reliability needs, but that are costly, complex, and inefficient to manage. Companies rarely have the expertise in branches to maintain such distributed infrastructure. This increases business risk due to outages, obsolescence, and data loss. When branch offices go down because of natural or manmade disasters or human error the costs are huge. It can take days to fully recover.
The Riverbed Solution
Riverbed SteelFusion is the first and only branch converged infrastructure that delivers local performance while enabling data centralization, instant recovery, and lower TCO. SteelFusion converges server, storage, and network infrastructure into a single branch appliance minimizing the footprint needed to run branch applications while centralizing data. SteelFusion eliminates the headache of branch office IT, consolidating servers and storage into the datacenter without sacrificing any of the benefits of having servers at the edge close to users.
SteelFusion features an industry-first storage delivery architecture. Unlike traditional converged infrastructures, SteelFusion enables “stateless” branch services. Users access applications running locally in the branch while primary data is stored in the datacenter. Decoupling compute from storage, SteelFusion branch converged infrastructure delivers local performance and capacity without requiring a storage-intensive architecture in the branch. This significantly reduces required branch infrastructure and centralizes management of branch services.
SteelFusion expedites branch office provisioning, backup, and recovery and ensures continuous operations when disasters occur such as inclement weather, fire, and human-induced outages. With SteelFusion, businesses can restore operations in a matter of minutes vs. days, centrally protect and secure data, and significantly lower the TCO of branch and remote offices.
SteelFusion consists of two components:
- SteelFusion Edge: A converged appliance that integrates server, storage, network, and virtualization to run local branch applications, eliminating the need for additional branch infrastructure.
- SteelFusion Core: A storage delivery controller in the datacenter that interfaces with a storage area network (SAN) to project centralized data out to branches. SteelFusion serves as the infrastructure for your branch, significantly lowering capital and operational costs, mitigating the risk of branch disasters, and improving IT’s responsiveness to the business.
Reduce capital and operational costs, simplify IT practices
Consolidation and Centralization
- Centralize branch servers and storage while maintaining local performance
- Slash branch IT costs by eliminating the need to purchase and maintain branch servers and storage
- Drive greater utilization of datacenter storage investments
- Reduce branch administration costs by leveraging standardized datacenter policies and procedures
- Centralize control to eliminate the need for remote IT personnel or “fly and fix” missions
- Quickly provision remote and branch offices from the datacenter
Improve disaster recovery readiness and reduce downtime
Disaster Recovery and Avoidance
- Rapidly recover from disasters by projecting VMs from the datacenter to the branch
- Reduce data loss with near real-time synchronization of data to the datacenter
- Start VMs in the datacenter when remote locations experience or expect interruption
- Eliminate the need to purchase, install, and manage dedicated branch backup solutions
- Centralize data protection to benefit from mature enterprise-class practices
- Enable work to continue uninterrupted by maintaining local access to VMs and data even if the WAN link is down
Mitigate risks associated with data in remote locations
- Control data in the datacenter, removing sensitive information from high-risk locations
- Render data on stolen appliances or drives inaccessible without admin authentication
- Ensure data at rest is safe using AES 256-bit encryption, compliant with HIPAA and Top Secret standards
- Protect data in-flight with industry-standard SSL or IPSEC encryption
- Reduce risk by maintaining only a limited set of active data blocks at remote locations
SteelFusion features three technologies that work together deliver local performance from the datacenter to the branch:
BlockStream: Integrated storage delivery
BlockStream is patented technology that centralizes data in the datacenter and projects a working set out to the branch. It combines three capabilities: 1) an authoritative block cache built into the SteelFusion Edge converged appliance; 2) a pre-fetch algorithm that predicts and delivers required data to branch locations; and 3) data deduplication technology that reduces the amount of data transferred between Edge and Core.
SteelHead: Built-in WAN optimization
SteelFusion contains an integrated instance of the industry’s #1 WAN optimization solution – Riverbed SteelHead. WAN optimization helps further streamline branch infrastructure by accelerating all branch user application and data traffic at the fastest speeds across the optimal networks at the lowest cost.
Virtual Services Platform (VSP): Branch-optimized virtualization
The SteelFusion Edge converged appliance contains a fully integrated instance of the VMware vSphere hypervisor, optimized to run remotely on a hardened branch appliance. Customers benefit from having the industrystandard virtualization platform, which can be managed with existing tools and capabilities. SteelFusion simply and seamlessly appears as a standard host in existing VMware vSphere and vCenter Server management tools.
|Model||1000 Series||1500 Series||2000 Series||3000 Series|
|Number of LUNs||10||20||40||60||60||20||40||80||160||200||250||300|
|Number of Branches(a)||5||10||20||30||30||10||20||40||80||100||125||150|
|Data set size(b)||2 TB||5 TB||10 TB||20||35||5 TB||10 TB||20 TB||35 TB||50 TB||75 TB||100 TB|
|Front Swappable Drives||N/A||2||2|
|RAM||24 GB||128 GB|
|Expansion Slots (PCI-e)||4||4|
|Included Ports (Copper)||6||6|
|Max. # of Ports||10||10|
(a) Assumes 2 LUNs per branch (b) Recommended size depending on data type
|Branch / Edge||Data Center|
|Model||1160 Series||1260 Series||1360 Series||1360P Series||2000 Series||3000 Series|
|Dual Power Supplies|
|Power [Watts] (Typical)||175||355||505||515||330||400|
|Temperature(b)||10 - 40 deg C / 50 - 104 deg F (Operating)
-40 - 65 deg C / -40 - 149 deg F (Storage)
|Relative Humidity(a)||20% - 80% non-condensing (Operating)
5% - 95% non-condensing (Storage)
|Operating Acoustic noise (Typical)||62 dBA||65 dBA||65 dBA||65 dBA||65dBA||65 dBA|
|System Dimensions (LxWxH)(c)||25.4 x 17.2 x 1.71 in
645.4 x 436 x 43.5 mm
|25.4 x 17.2 x 3.43 in
645.4 x 436 x 87.1 mm
|Packaging Dimensions||36.25 x 23.38 x 12.5 in
920.8 x 593.7 x 317.5 mm
|Max Weight (without packaging)||36 Lbs
|Rail Information||Mounting rail kit inlcuded.
Orderable spare part RMK-002A
(a) In China - for use in non-tropical locations (b) Operating altitude up to 10,000 feet except in China 6,562 feet (2,000m) (c) Length is without bezel The availability, export or re-export of these products or specific features are subject to the export laws and regulations of the U.S., EU, Singapore, and the laws and regulations of any applicable foreign agency or authority.
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Our Price: $27,500.00
Our Price: $27,500.00
Our Price: $14,995.00
Our Price: $27,495.00
Our Price: $37,495.00